Thursday, November 15, 2012

Writing Project 3 Details



     For writing project three, I was thinking about interviewing three people. Two of them have already come and gone from ASU and are pretty well off. One of them is my aunt Raquel Aldana, which she later ended up becoming a professor of law in California. My other aunt is Silvia Aldana and she is a big manager for American Express. And the last person I want to interview is my cousin Raymond Abril. The reason I want to include him is because he did not go straight to college after high school and I want to get two different points of view. My main goal for this audio essay is for me and hopefully other, to better understand what it is to attend ASU and what to expect. So in short terms, I want to know what to look forward to and ways to improve myself. I want first year students to be able to look back on this audio and hear what it takes to become something of themselves and hopefully whatever wisdom they impart will help me better prepared for my future in ASU and further down the road. This is my brainstorm for this writing project.

      I will look to my family members for the interviews. Each has a different story and I have made questions for them asking them about ASU life and education. Here are the questions that I would ask them:

Questions for my interview:
For Aunts:

  • When you started going to ASU, what were your feelings about going to a bigger school?
  • What were your plans?
  • Why did you decide this/the path/major/steps to take in order to achieve your goal(s)?
  • What were you feeling when you started? Or when did it hit you when things start to feel different?
  • What did you look forward to?
  • What advice could you impart on me, for my ASU experience and education?

For cousin:

  • What is different about not going to school after high school?
  • Do you feel bad that you didn’t go right after?
  • Are you planning on going to ASU?
  • What do you think or expect when considering ASU and starting here?



     I would go to NPR as a source and to use as a guideline for my interviews and transcripts.
To put all of this together I would first start out with a brief summary of what I plan on discussing and then lead into my interviewees. I would ask the questions that I have already planned out. But before I would do the interview, I would give each of my family members the questions, so that they would have ample time to think about their responses. The reason I will do this is because I only have a four to six minute time limit, so I would want them to adhere to the time limit by giving me enough information, but with small and short responses. So back to the interview, I would ask the questions and then have them reply with their already thought out responses. I would record them and then transfer the audio to my computer. After I do that I would make sure that I won’t have myself repeating the questions and just have them one right after the other, but will little introductions do make it flow smoothly. I would add certain sound effects that correspond to each person. More than likely I am going to add music in the back ground to make it more unique. So this is what I plan on doing. Hopefully it works and fits in with the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment